Under the Companies Act, all Singapore-incorporated companies are required to file annual returns with ACRA to ensure that the company’s information on ACRA’s register is up to date. The company must also submit the date of its annual general meeting (AGM) if it has held its AGM, as well as the company’s financial statements (if applicable). Company officers may face enforcement action for failing to file their company’s annual return.
The AGM provides a forum for shareholders to be informed of the financial position of the company, and to engage the directors of the company on the matter. Filing annual returns on time enables timely public disclosure on the status of the company. Company directors who are convicted of failing to hold AGM and/or failing to file AR may be fined up to $5,000 per offence.
As a director of a Singapore incorporated company, you are required to comply with annual filing requirements according to the Companies Act and SFRS.
Our annual return package includes:
- Preparation of Financial Statements
- Filing of Estimated Chargeable Income (ECI)
- Audit of Financial Statements/Compilation of Unaudited Annual Report
- Annual General Meeting (AGM)
- Filing of Annual Return with ACRA
- Filing of Annual Tax Return with IRAS